You might have noticed that we here at Threater are a little fanatical when it comes to building the very best Threat Intelligence Firewall platform on the market. We know that we can’t do that alone, which is why we partner with the very best in the threat intelligence business. Therefore, we’re excited to announce a new partnership with Recorded Future, a threat intelligence market leader. With this partnership, we’re expanding our partnership ecosystem, but more importantly, furthering our mission of helping our customers protect their networks by Making Threat Intelligence Actionable.
Who is Recorded Future?
Really? If you don’t know who Recorded Future is, you should definitely check them out. They are one of the top players in the threat intelligence space and have one of the largest customer bases in the space – for a reason. Enterprise customers rely on threat intelligence from Recorded Future to improve their ability to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats.
How our Partnership Works
For our mutual customers, we’ve made it easy to integrate IP and domain threat indicators from Recorded Future into the Threater Threat Intelligence Firewall platform. With just a few clicks within our SaaS-based Global Management Center, users can begin using these threat indicators, along with the 30M out-of-box indicators, to block threats before they hit your network.
The great news is that this integration is already available, and can be accessed in the Global Management Center! Once you’ve logged in, you will notice that there are two plugins that make it super simple to integrate Recorded Future threat intelligence into our platform:
- The first plugin enables the easy creation of automated IP and domain deny (blocklists) based on a Recorded Future Risk Score (i.e. indicators with a risk score of 90 and higher). While this plugin is cool…
- …we’re even more excited about the second plugin which enables the integration of Recorded Future’s Security Control Feeds into our platform. Recorded Future Security Control Feeds are high confidence, high fidelity IP and domain block lists that span different threat categories like Active RAT C2 Infrastructure IPs, (no this doesn’t protect you from the band in the Geico commercial!), Command & Control IPs, Fast Flux Host IPs (say that 10 times fast!), Tor IPs, and Weaponized Domains (as opposed to Weaponized Daemons..but i digress)
And just like all of the threat intelligence we aggregate and integrate into our platform, threat intelligence from Recorded Future is automatically updated. That gives you peace of mind knowing that your network is being protected from evil IP addresses and domains, and more time to help Dave in Accounting figure out his password (for the 10th time).
What’s the Big Deal? Can’t I Do This in My Next-Generation Firewall?
No! ..And we’re glad you asked this question because we just published a new whitepaper! Check out Threat Intelligence Challenges with Next-Generation Firewalls, where we provide a detailed look at the significant limitations of firewalls when it comes to integrating and taking action with third-party threat intelligence.
Oh, where do we begin?
- Maximize ROI on your threat intelligence investment. If you’ve made an investment in Recorded Future threat intelligence you can maximize the ROI of this investment by using the Threater Threat Intelligence Firewall platform to make your threat intelligence actionable. That’s proactively using it to block threats before they hit your network.
- Strengthen your network defenses. Over 260 customers are using the Threater Threat Intelligence Firewall platform to provide another layer of network protection that is powered by a large and diverse array of threat intelligence.
- Free up scarce time for your security staff. The combination of threat intelligence from Recorded Future and the Threater Threat Intelligence Firewall platform not only helps you block more threats but it also allows you to block known noisy threats before they hit your firewall reducing alert volumes. Additionally, the automation capabilities in our Threat Intel Firewall platform eliminates the time consuming and painful task of managing external blocklists in firewalls. (Yeah, and spend more time with Dave in Accounting)
- Free up your firewall! The majority of our customers deploy our Threat Intelligence Firewall in front of their firewalls. They do this because it provides another layer of protection and because it shields the firewall from known, noisy threats. The end result is customers are able to increase both the effectiveness and efficiency of their next-generation firewalls.
Want to Learn More?
Check out our Integrations Page with Recorded Future